It has been called "The Titan". It is known as Viking's flagship and most prestigious model. Some owners have even become famous in their adventures on it with tens of thousands of people following them online. (See the 92 Viking called "The Fa La Me".)
But exactly how much does a new yacht actually cost? "The Viking 92 is going to cost $10 million and up when it's all said and done," says Rich Lucas, SI Yachts Viking Brand Manager. "Viking used to builds a 92 Convertible, 92 Enclosed Bridge, and a 92 Skybridge, which are all just options. Once the customer starts selecting what they want and customizing the boat, the price can change. We assist clients who want to build their own vessel all the time and help them make the best choice on options for their specific needs."
Viking 92 owners don't just hop on the boat for a day and cruise around. These owners are among the most passionate anglers and cruising enthusiasts in the world who need a yacht that can match their demands.
(Seen below: Viking recently released this video of the new Viking 92 Skybridge version. Incredible!)
There is a lot that comes standard on the Viking 92 including the twin Caterpillar C-32A 1925MHP engines. Other features on the 92 that comes standard include:
- Hydraulic bow thrusters with controls that includes a joystick on the enclosed bridge models
- Delta T engine room ventilation system
- Eskimo ice machine
- 2 40kW Onan E-QD diesel generators
- The VIPER Steering System w/ electronic interface (Viking's Independent Programmable Electro-Hydraulic Rudder)
- Electronic trolling valve controls with auto-troll
- Top end appliances throughout the boat
- Home theater center with a 65" flat screen TV on a mechanical raise
- And of course, a 6-stateroom layout
With a base price of under $9 million, there are a variety of options that each Viking 92 owner must decide on when building the boat that will increase the cost. Buying a 92 Viking is like purchasing a piece of art with historic value. This is the best of the best when it comes to luxury sportfishing yachts and no expense is generally spared when creating a vessel that matches your vision. Viking Yachts hold their re-sale value extremely well and perform even better.
After deciding on a Viking 92, the next big decision is to figure out whether an open bridge/convertible model is desired or would an enclosed bridge be preferable. If an enclosed bridge is chosen, a skybridge version can also be added. The additional costs of adding a bridge can be upwards of $300,000 or more depending on optional helm A/c and other decisions.
(Seen below: The different variations of the 92 Viking.)
For owners wanting a little more power on their 92, Viking offers an optional upgrade to twin MTU Series 2000 V16 M96L 2,635MHP engines which costs an additional $795,000. All that extra power doesn't come cheap, but it can certainly make a difference on the tournament circuit. Adding 600 more gallons in fuel capacity is possible, but also is an additional $7,000. The recommended Seakeeper SK 35 is also optional and changes in price depending on Seakeeper's latest model and technology.
Other upgrade options that are offered by Viking Yachts that could increase the price of your 92:
- Satin interior finish throughout the yacht (the standard finish is a high-gloss walnut)
- Air conditioning at the cockpit mezzanine
- A swim platform and ladder if desired
- Custom hull colors
- Davit with hydraulic lift and rotation for telescoping
- Appliances and options for the crew quarters like refrigerator, microwave, washer/dryer combo and more
(Seen below: The engine room of the Viking 92 with the optional MTU engines.)
If you have interest in building a brand new 92 Convertible, 92 Enclosed Bridge, or 92 Skybridge, please contact us today at (718) 984-7676 or you can email Rich Lucas directly at RLucas@SIYachts.com.
Looking for the perfect tender to match your Viking 92? Look no further than the exceptional new center-console line from the Viking Yacht Company, Valhalla Boatworks. The new V46 will soon make its debut at the Viking VIP Event. The new center-console line has proven to be exceptionally popular thanks to their speed, standard fishing equipment, ability to plane quickly, and matching colors to their larger siblings.
SI Yachts is the Northeast's most powerful yacht brokerage firm, in addition to being a new Viking Yacht dealer. If you are interested in a pre-owned Viking 92 or other used Viking Yacht for sale, our team can represent you and your best interests in the research, negotiation, and sale of a yacht on the brokerage market. While not listed with SI Yachts, there are a few examples of Viking 92's available for sale right now on the brokerage market.
SWEET TUNA - 2017 Viking 92 - Asking $8,750,000
Sweet Tuna a beautiful 5-stateroom, 6-Head 92C that has been professionally cared for since new and is easy to see in North Palm Beach with a SI Yachts Florida Sales Professional. Powered with the twin MTU 2000 V16 M96L engines, you can rest assured knowing this sportfish is going to go the distance in any tournament. Anglers love the Convertible top that allows for excellent sight fishing and visibility. The interior offers a light color palette with gorgeous wood cabinetry, similar to what you might find in a luxury cruising yacht.
BERRY PATCH - 2016 Viking 92 Enclosed Bridge - Asking $7,399,000
The 92' Viking named 'Berry Patch' is located in Fort Lauderdale and was featured in the recent boat show. One attribute often over-looked, but very much appreciated, is the day head found forward of the formal dining area near the salon. This makes it easy for anglers to use the head without going through the entire interior of the boat. The enclosed bridge on this 92EB also features a custom layout with an icemaker, sink, television, entertainment system, plenty of seating, and the upper helm station. Berry Patch is loaded with electronics including a Furuno 25kW Chart Radar, a Garmin 4kW Radar, Garmin Black Box Plotter, Garmin GCV10 Scanning CHIRP Sonar, and so much more.
FA LA ME - 2016 Viking 92 Enclosed Bridge - Asking $7,199,000
The famous FA LA ME is known for raising tournament-winning fish all over the world, but also for the owner's incredible culinary skills. The FA LA ME following on social media is incredible with nearly 45,000 connections and the owner has even been featured in several magazines, including In The Bite. Maintained incredibly well since new, this 92 EB is loaded with all of the right features including the Prestige decor package. As with all Viking 92's, the FA LA ME has a 5-stateroom layout with a full-beam master stateroom and a crew cabin aft with engine access.
Here are other Viking-related articles that you may find useful or interesting:
- Is Viking a good yacht? We examine the top 10 factors that make Viking the best sportfishing boat in the world.
- How Much Does A 70-Foot Viking Cost?
- How Much Does A 75-Foot Viking Cost?
- How Much Does An 80-Foot Viking Cost?
- How Much Does A 50-Foot Viking Cost?
- The fall Viking Yacht Market Report shows lots of new sportfish listings that have come on the market, as well as several price reductions. This is a great quarterly review of everything happening related to new and used Vikings.
- The gorgeous Viking 54 Convertible made its debut at the Fort Lauderdale Boat Show and took home the Best In Show Award!
- The Viking 72 Convertible just might be the ultimate sportfishing yacht under 80 feet. Learn about the features of the 72C in our feature breakdown.
- Make sure to check out the Viking VIP Event at the end of January, 2021. The 54C and the Valhalla V46 will be on display. Sea trials are available, but are reserved for customers under contract with a boat.
- The Resource Guide To Owning A Viking Yacht is a great collection of information for new buyers that may not be as familiar with Viking, the buying process, and how to select the right yacht for your needs.