Launching at the Cannes Yachting Festival this September, the new Princess S80 is your exclusive connection to the ocean in a luxurious, comfortable, and exhilarating experience. Designed by the renowned naval architect Olesinski and Italian design team Pininfarina, every space on board delivers a chic, stylish ambience that complements the world around you. The S80 incorporates all of the best innovations and evolutions that Princess Yachts has developed over the last decade, making them one of the most sought after yacht builders on the planet.
After just debuting the Princess S72 at Boot Düsseldorf, the excitement emanating from the British shipyard over the direction of the company is palpable. What better place to announce the new flagship model for the S-class range that at Princess Yachts America's home boat show in West Palm Beach, Florida?
"I like to describe the S80 as a cross-over yacht that melds the popularity of the flybridge design, with the speed and performance of an express cruiser," said Jay Hendrix, Vice President for SI Yachts. "Many flybridge builders today have 'boxy' designs that are functional, but take away from the sexiness that you want in a yacht. The lines on the Princess S80 are provocative, it's a fast, sexy machine, but it still provides the functional areas for you to enjoy."
The new S80 will replace the Princess S78 which has been in production since 2017.
(Princess released this short animated video of the S80.)
Specifications of the Princess S80
- Total Length Overall Including Pulpit: 83' 5"
- Beam: 19' 11"
- Draft: 5' 10"
- Displacement: 147,375 lbs.
- Standard Engine: (2x) MAN V12 1,900mhp
- Optional Engine: (2x) MAN V12 2,000mhp
- Top Speed: 34 knots
- Cruising Speed: High 20-knot range
- Fuel Capacity: 1,717 gallons
- Water Capacity: 370 gallons
- Accommodations: 4 cabins + crew
Thanks to joystick control, good visibility, and easy movement from bow to stern, managing the Princess S80 as an owner/operator is doable. For owners that wish to travel with a captain, there are accommodations aft for up to 3 crew members. In addition to the two bunks and bath in the crew cabin, there is an additional area with optional third berth, microwave, fridge, and furniture.
Everyone loves the view from a flybridge; it's a wonderful place to entertain, enjoy dining outside, sunbathe, and look up at the stars on a clear night. Yet some boat owners prefer the main deck to be the focal point of the yacht, complete with an expansive aft deck, and more speed. The Sportbridge is the perfect compromise and no one does it better than Princess Yachts. On the S80, you will enjoy these amenities on board:
- U-shaped leather sofa with coffee table
- Teak-laid deck
- Loveseat that is aft-facing and moveable
- Outdoor wetbar with sink, BBQ, drawer fridge
- Helm station with twin upholstered seats
- Dual electronics station and controls
- Optional dining table if desired
Cockpit & Hydraulic Swim Platform
The versatile cockpit/aft deck on the Princess S80 offers a variety of options for seating, socializing, dining, and sun lounging. Farthest aft is the hydraulic swim platform that features a retractable bathing ladder. Two large sunbathing areas are just up a few steps and provide ample room for lounging. Forward under the shade of the hardtop are additional seating and outdoor dining options. Here are a few of the features you'll find on the aft deck of the S80:
- Teak laid deck that is self-draining
- Hot/Cold transom shower
- Tender garage fit-out with electro-hydraulic door (up to 14' tender)
- Twin sunpads with headrests and drink holders
- Teak extendable dining table for 6-8 guests
- LED lighting overhead and at deck level
- Twin aft-facing bench seats which are movable
Foredeck Lounge Area
No space on your yacht should go without a function that benefits the enjoyment on board. In the past, the bow area on a flybridge-style vessel was reserved for fender storage, windlass, anchor, and other equipment. Thankfully, many yachts of this size are now utilizing the foredeck for a lounge area that is a delightful area to enjoy whether at anchor or slow cruising the ICW. Features on the S80's foredeck include:
- U-shaped forward facing seating with storage locker and coffee table
- U-shaped aft-facing seating with storage locker and coffee table
- Freshwater wash down
- Twin coach roof lockers for storage, fenders
- Twin anchoring system
- Teak laid deck
Salon, Galley, & Interior Helm Station
With the sunroof and cockpit doors opened, combined with the large, picture-sized windows, you and your guests will love having the salon and galley connected to the aft deck. Spacious and open, the salon offers a contemporary feel with perfectly arranged seating areas, luxurious details, and lots of natural light. The galley is functional with top-quality appliances and is a centerpiece of the main deck, making it easy to serve guests. The interior helm is elevated for improved visibility. Here are a few of the features you'll find in this section of the S80:
- Large sofa starboard side in the salon & coffee table
- 55" LED Television
- NAIM audio system
- Option - If desired you can request the salon space be turned into a formal dining area
- Sub-Zero refrigeration - full height
- Miele slimline dishwasher
- Granite and quartz countertop
- Miele combination convection oven/grill/4-zone cooktop
- Navigator seat at the helm
- Adjustable Pininfarina steering wheel
Lower Deck Accommodations
The Princess S80 features 4 beautifully-appointed cabins on the lower deck to comfortably accommodate up to 8 guests. Each cabin is well-lit, spacious, offers plenty of storage for luggage, and will deliver a restful night's sleep. The master suite is full-beam and has a dedicated, private staircase that leads to a lobby in the companion way. The VIP suite is placed forward on the S80 and is nearly as spacious as the master. All 4 staterooms feature en suite bathrooms.
- Owner's suite features a large double bed with tables and drawers on each side
- Owner's suite has a port side dressing table with storage, mirror, and chair
- 55" LED TV in master cabin along with NAIM Audio system; 43" TV in VIP
- USB charging ports in each cabin
- Built-in safe in both master and VIP suites
The Princess S80 truly delivers the luxury experience and exhilarating performance you desire in a yacht of this magnitude. For more information on pricing and availability of the Princess S80, or to discuss any pre-owned Princess Yachts on the market, please contact us via email at Sales@SIYachts.com.