Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
US Duty is not paid, however, the same can be discussed during an agreement.
EQUINOX is a well-equipped raised pilothouse motoryacht designed by Tom Fexas and delivered in 2004. She has been well-maintained by her full-time crew and current owners. The layout includes 4 staterooms with ensuite heads as well as a day head on the deck and a separate crew cabin with upper and lower berths. Powered by twin Caterpillar 3412E diesel engines, 1400hp, and twin Northern Lights 32kW generators. Additional features include a hydraulic bow thruster, underway stabilizer fins, great toy storage off the swim platform, and Country Kitchen galley.
• (4) Staterooms plus crew
• Extensive yard period completed Feb 2022
• Great sea-keeping ability
• Successful charter program in the Bahamas
• Large “toy” storage in (2) “pods” aft
• 6’ 8” Headroom throughout
Legendary Tom Fexas designed Modified V, semi-displacement hull form, with fine entry and flared bow for a smooth and dry ride. Composite FRP construction, with integral fuel and water tanks for a lower center of gravity.
Boasting a 21’+ beam, walk-around decks, with bow loungers, a covered aft deck, and easy access to the integral swim platform aft. Exterior stairs from the aft deck to bridge deck and circular interior stairwell accessing all (3) deck levels.
The layout consists of (4) guest staterooms and a crew cabin with bunks for (2) crew, all with ensuite heads. Access from the salon, via circular stairs to a marble deck foyer in the lower deck, with access to (3) cabins. Day head on the main deck. The engine room is located aft.
All rooms are individually climate-controlled and have emergency lighting, including a pull-out emergency flashlight. Access to the salon from the aft deck is through a stainless sliding door. Furnishings include couch to port, chair to starboard, coffee table, and an entertainment center with a flat-screen television. The large windows all around, fitted with Duet blinds, afford plenty of natural light and great views, even while seated.
A wet bar, with bar fridge and drink storage, (2) bar stools are located on the starboard side, opposite the dining space. Wood buffet with black Granite top and storage within.
Located port side and forward of the salon, features a round wooden table with (6) padded wooden chairs and matching sideboards.
The day head is located forward of the bar on the starboard side main deck and includes a counter with Corian top, sink, and electrical flush head. The deck is marble tiled, with wall-papered bulkheads and mirrored overhead.
The Country-Style kitchen is located forward of the main salon and includes a dinette with L-shaped banquette seating with black Corian topped dining table and a built-in desk/workstation to port. There is a pantograph door leading to the side decks to port and starboard, which combined with wrap-around windows, offers plenty of light into this area. The flooring is Amtico cushioned, encapsulated wood veneer.
The U-shaped galley to port features a black Corian countertop, double Franke stainless steel sink with faucet, Whirlpool side by side refrigerator and freezer, Frigidaire electrical stove, and double oven, Frigidaire microwave oven, Miele dishwasher (2020), Korex coffee maker, and a four-slice toaster. Also, laundry equipment includes a Miele washer and dryer (2019).
Full beam Owner's stateroom located amidships, aft of Foyer. Featuring a centerline king-size bed, (2) nightstands, couch, ladies’ vanity, Cedar lined walk-in closet with owner's lockable closet behind for ease of use when chartering. Tastefully decorated in neutral palate tones, with sliding Soji window shades, fitted carpets, and upholstered wall paneling.
Featuring a shower stall, counter with sink and faucets, wooden top seat at the entrance, and an electric flush head. Marble tiled flooring, wall papered bulkhead, and a mirrored overhead.
Located to port, forward of the lower foyer. Features a surprisingly large island queen-size berth, nightstand, Cedar-lined closet, vanity, and wooden frame sliding window blinds. The cabin sole is carpeted, with wood veneer and wall-papered bulkheads.
The ensuite washroom and head are located forward of the stateroom. Fixtures include a counter with Corian top, face basin with tap, shower stall, and an electric flush head. Washroom sole is off white tile, and the bulkhead is wall-papered.
Located on the starboard side, forward of the foyer. This stateroom features twin berths fitted one each on inboard and outboard bulkhead, Cedar lined closet, wood frame sliding window shades, beige carpet, vinyl-covered bulkhead and deck head. Also included is an insert that can join the twin berths into one large bed.
Washroom and head are located forward of the cabin; fixtures include a counter with face basin and tap, shower stall and an electric flush head. Deck is ceramic tile, wallpaper on bulkhead.
Located forward with access from the Country Kitchen Galley to port, fitted with a double bed with storage under, nightstand, vanity, Cedar lined closet, and sliding Soji window shades. Cabin sole is carpeted in beige, wood, and wallpaper bulkhead.
Guest ensuite bathroom features; Corian vanity-top with sink, shower stall, and electrical flush head. Tiled sole, wallpapered bulkhead.
Located starboard side forward, (2) single berths are fitted to outboard bulkhead. Cedar lined closet, desk with shelves, Linoleum covered sole, wallpapered covered bulkhead, and vinyl covered deckhead. Cabin has a ensuite head with a stall shower. There is a stack Miele washer and dryer in the forward guest lobby.
Accessed from the circular stairwell from the main salon or via a door to the bridge deck aft, this climate-controlled area offers a great respite from the elements. Featuring a full helm station with Stidd helm chair, L-shaped sofa with table aft, and storage cabinetry with bar fridge to starboard. Extra freezer and ice maker located in the skylounge.
The foredeck features (3) adjustable built-in loungers to capture the sights and breezes while cruising or at anchor. The windlass and anchor gear is neatly hidden under a large hatch, avoiding toe-stubbing issues, while giving a clean uncluttered look.
Built-in seating aft and in each quarter-port and starboard plus (2) chairs around the dining table, that seats up to (8) guests. Wraparound screen shades. Access to integral swim platform to starboard, which has (2) large storage pods with electro-hydraulic doors port and starboard for storing copious amounts of “water-toys” and gear. Watertight transom door to engine room. Docking remote control outside bridge and aft deck.
• Yamaha DSP Digital
• Speakers are fitted throughout
• (6) Flat-screen televisions throughout
• Direct TV System
• (4) Amplifiers
• Icom VHF radio
• Furuno Radar (72 mile)
• (3) Plotters: Dell, Garmin, and Furuno Nav Net
• Simrad Autopilot 20
• Speed log integrated into Navigation system
• Furuno RD 20 depth sounder
• Standard Horizon hailer
• Ritchie Power Damper compass
• Iridium Satellite phone
• Wind gauge
• Nautical Structure EZ crane, 1200lb, fitted on upper deck (rebuilt 2018)
• (8) 21" stainless steel cleats, (6) 8" stainless steel fairleads and (4) stainless steel chocks
• Bruce type 80 Kg anchor with 1/2" galvanize link chain 250’
• Maxwell 350 windlass within deck controls (new 2021)
• (2) Storage pods port and starboard off swim platform
• Spare Danforth Fortress anchor (stern)
• 110/230V 60 cycle A.C. plus 12- & 24-volt D.C. systems
• Batteries are housed in engine room in fiberglass constructed boxes with covers
• (2) Perko 4-position rotary battery switches are fitted in DC panel
• Main electric control panel is in engine room and DC distribution panel is under bridge console
• Shore power inlet, with Glendinning reel, located at starboard stern, rated at 230 volts 100 amps including a booster unit to increase voltage for when docked at 208v
• Isolation transformer
• Majority of interior lighting is LED
• Twin (2) 3412E Caterpillar diesel engines, 1400 hp
• Engine hours: Port 6,400; Starboard 6,400 (Sept 2021)
• Stainless steel 3 1/2" propeller shafts
• Triple Racor fuel filters /water separators mains and single gens
• (2) Five-blade bronze propellers
• ZF transmissions – re-built at 5,000hrs
• Cruise 11-12 knots at 40gph including large towed tender and generator
• ZF and Mathers electronic throttle controls
• Natural ventilation and power blowers
• Hynautic hydraulic steering system
• Closed reservoir type cooling with heat exchangers.
• (2) Northern Lights 32kW generators
• Generator hours: Port 14,000; Starboard 14,090 (Sept 2021)
• PTO’s on both generators with a crossover
• (6) Bilge pumps
• Wesmar bow thruster
• Wesmar under-way stabilizer fins
• Zincs are fitted on shafts, rudders, and stern
• Duel chillers and individual air handlers in each space
• Storage tank with a capacity of 500 gallons with fill point at stern
• 2 x Mach5 water pumps in engine room
• Water heaters with pressure relief valve
• Watermaker Inc. watermaker 40gph
• Headhunter heads
• (11) Portable extinguishers, located in cabins, galley, bar and engine room
• Low oil pressure alarm and coolant over-heat warning both visual and audible
• Navigation lights
• (3) 8-Person life rafts
• ACR Global Fix EPIRB
• Fire alarms in ship integrated monitoring system
• Halon type fixed fire extinguishing system in engine room automatic and manual activated
• Searchlight fitted on bridge deck
• First aid kit in addition to oxygen kit and AED
• CCTV in engine room and aft deck
• Recently completed her annual yard period, new bottom paint, driveline aligned (2022)
• New Whisper wall coverings in the galley, main stairwell, and Owner's suite (2022)
• Generator PTO’s rebuilt (2019)
• Main Engines: new injectors, new high-pressure fuel lines, heat exchangers, cleaned and tested, Turbo’s re-sleeved (2019)
• Electrical board mega tested (Jan 2021)
• New shore power cord 100amp (2020)
• New Water heater (2019)
• Steering gear serviced (Jan 2021)
• Dropped rudders full service with new seals (2020)
• Stabilizers dropped with new seals fully serviced (2019)
• New shaft seals (2020)
• Shafts and props balanced (2019)
• Bridge deck-non skidded (2019)
• Black water tank cleaned (Jan 2020)
• New main engine battery (2020)
• New Nav battery (2020)
• Zincs are fitted on shafts, rudders, and stern (Jan 2021)
This popular model has been in the same family for 14+ years and has always benefitted from being fully crewed and well maintained by a knowledgeable owner whose main business is commercial shipping. A great riding hull, wider than the competition. She has lots of access room in the engine room to properly maintain equipment, due in part to a lack of fuel tanks as found on a lot of other boats in this size range. Great “toy” storage off the swim platform – she is ready for the next family to enjoy her! A great value.
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
Keep up to date with SI Yachts!